Reports To: Production Supervisor
Direct Reports: None
US Rod Manufacturing, LLC is a brand-new state of the art fast-growing, technologically-driven manufacturing firm that is seeking a qualified Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operator Machinist. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 5+ years’ experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail and is committed to workplace safety.
- Plans machining by studying job packets, routings and notes, blueprints, materials, specifications, reference planes and orientations, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills and/or lathes using CAD/CAM software and/or entering program G/M-code, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs; organizing and maintaining updated programs.
- Sets-up mills and/or lathes by selecting, installing, indicating and adjusting required work-holding, tools, fixturing, tool holders, attachments, indexers, and stops.
- Verifies settings by measuring first piece and submitting for first piece approval. Performs sampling measurements during production run per ISO procedure frequencies.
- Maintains specifications by observing machine cycles; taking measurements; troubleshooting, adjusting and reprogramming; monitoring and replacing tools; adhering to quality procedures.
- Achieve routing setup and run times and report any difficulties to shop lead.
- Maintain open communications by documenting actions, irregularities and attentive needs and by completing production and quality paperwork, setting up and/or maintaining organized setup note system.
- Maintain safe, clean and organized working conditions by adhering to safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reporting repairs requiring service to shop supervisor; keeping equipment clean.
- Update job knowledge by participating in company arranged educational opportunities, reading technical publications, trying new technologies, and discussing and sharing experiences with others.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments; performing other duties as assigned including but not limited to better utilization of long cycle times to complete additional value-added work.
Machine operation, Use of Measurement Equipment, Tooling applications, Programming Editing and Programming, G-code/M-code and/or CAD/CAM software, Functional and Technical skills, Conceptual skills, Process improvement, Attention to detail, Blueprint reading and Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerances, Basic Math Skills, Ability to work with little to no direct supervision. Willingness to work overtime to meet production demands.
- Ability to lift to 55 pounds.
- Ability to work in a hot environment.
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off after 90 days