DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Operate and monitor furnaces per established procedures.
- Build heat treat loads: including placement of parts, test material and preparation of load diagrams.
- Perform routine furnace and associated equipment maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and repair heat treat equipment.
- Prepare product and paperwork for outside processing.
- Determine and set heat treat schedules with team leader and scheduling.
- Assist with training Level I heat treat personnel.
- Support and participate in the organization’s Continual Improvement Program to conform to API Q1/ISO 9001:2015 requirements by complying with the Quality Policy and procedures and meeting QMS objectives.
- Understand the implications of not conforming to QMS requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in the manufacturing sector.
- Experience working in an API Q1/ISO 9001:2015 environment a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of high temperature furnaces.
- Ability to program furnace controllers.
- Familiarity with the furnaces used.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair furnace systems.
- Understanding of the effects of thermal processing on material properties.
PHYSICAL AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
- Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to lift to 55 pounds.
- Ability to work in a hot environment.
- Sitting, bending, standing, walking, 8-10 hours per day.
- Must comply with any safety or PPE requirements.
- Exposure to production environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Produce error-free work.
- Make sure that customers’ requests come first.
- Self-starter who thinks of innovative, faster ways to accomplish tasks.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and able to adapt to our dynamic environment.