DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for performing an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders form stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse. Provide impeccable customer service to US Rod customers.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Operate lift truck or crane to load/unload trucks checking in product comparing information, counts, weights or measures verifying against BOL, PO and packing lists.
- Reject and reports damaged items, and records shortages.
- Move and store product in correct place in yard and warehouse according to US Rod Standards.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials.
- Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order
- Create and print work orders for Production Department.
- Tag raw material following US Rod standards.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory for auditing purposes.
- Organize and label tool crib.
- Create and maintain database inventory of all available tools in use ensuring they are stored and returned in good condition.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping product and work area neat. Organize warehouse and yard of orderliness always.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Support and participate in the organization’s Continual Improvement Program to conform to API Q1/ISO 9001:2015 requirements by complying with the Quality Policy and procedures and meeting QMS objectives.
- Understand the implications of not conforming to QMS requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- High School diploma or GED required.
- One (1) to two (2) years of previous warehouse experience.
- Experience working in an API Q1/ISO 9001:2015 environment a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Some knowledge of MS Office/ computer skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisor and coworkers.
- Operate and maintain preventively warehouse vehicles and equipment.
- Dependable and Reliable.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and random drug testing.
- At all times operate in a sage and professional manner.
PHYSICAL AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
- Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to work in a hot environment.
- Regularly lift and/or move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Be in a warehouse environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting as required.
- Must comply with any safety or PPE requirements.
- Exposure to production environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Produce error-free work.
- Make sure that customers’ requests come first.
- Self-starter who thinks of innovative, faster ways to accomplish tasks.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and able to adapt to our dynamic environment