DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Set-up Saw and/or Tapper by selecting, installing, indicating and adjusting required work-holding, tools, fixturing, tool holders, attachments, indexers, and stops.
- Verify settings by measuring first piece performing 100% visual and dimensional inspection per ISO procedure frequencies.
- Maintain specifications by observing machine cycles; taking measurements; troubleshooting, adjusting and reprogramming; monitoring and replacing tools; adhering to quality procedures.
- Achieve routing setup and run times and report any difficulties to Supervisor.
- Maintain open communications by documenting actions, irregularities and attentive needs and by completing production and quality paperwork, setting up and/or maintaining organized setup note system.
- Maintain safe, clean and organized working conditions by adhering to safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reporting repairs requiring service to shop supervisor; keeping equipment clean.
- Update job knowledge by participating in company arranged educational opportunities, reading technical publications, trying new technologies, and discussing and sharing experiences with others. • Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments; performing other duties as assigned including but not limited to better utilization of long cycle times to complete additional value-added work.
- Support and participate in the organization’s Continual Improvement Program to conform to API Q1/ISO 9001:2015 requirements by complying with the Quality Policy and procedures and meeting QMS objectives.
- Understand the implications of not conforming to QMS requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- High School diploma/GED from an accredited school or institution.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in the manufacturing sector.
- Experience working in an API Q1/ISO 9001:2015 environment a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Machine operation.
- Use of Measurement Equipment.
- Tooling applications.
- Conceptual skills.
- Process improvement.
- Attention to detail.
- Blueprint reading and Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerances.
- Basic Math Skills.
- Ability to work with little to no direct supervision.
- Willingness to work overtime to meet production demands.
PHYSICAL AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
- Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to lift to 55 pounds.
- Ability to work in a hot environment.
- Sitting, bending, standing, walking, 8-10 hours per day.
- Must comply with any safety or PPE requirements.
- Exposure to production environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Produce error-free work.
- Make sure that customers’ requests come first.
- Self-starter who thinks of innovative, faster ways to accomplish tasks.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and able to adapt to our dynamic environment.